Welcome Message from Dr. Bill Burch
I am deeply honored by the opportunity to serve as the senior pastor of Northside Church. It is a privilege to follow in the footsteps of Dr. Gil Watson. I look forward to serving God’s kingdom with each of you. Let us continue to pray for one another during this time of transition and change.
The Reverend Doctor William (Bill) R. Burch
Bill has been married to his wife, Tracy, since 1986. Tracy is currently a 2nd grade teacher with a Specialist Degree at Simpson Elementary School (Gwinnett County). They have two grown children: Katie and Will along with a Yorkshire Terrier named Sam.
• Bachelor of Arts, Berry College (1979)
• Master of Divinity, Candler School of Theology (1982)
• Doctor of Divinity, McCormick Theological Seminary (1989)
• 1981 Ordained as a Deacon (Probationary Member)
• 1984 Ordained as an Elder (Full Connection Member)
• Mount Carmel and Emory Chapel UMCs (Newnan) 1982 – 1987
• Mossy Creek UMC (Cleveland) 1987 – 1991
• First UMC of Summerville 1991 – 1995
• First UMC of West Point 1995 – 2000
• Sam Jones Memorial UMC (Cartersville) 2000 – 2013
• First UMC of Lawrenceville 2013 – 2017
North Georgia Annual Conference Service
Bill has served the North Georgia Conference in numerous ways. He spent 16 years on the Board of Ordained Ministry, including eight years as the Interview Chairperson. More recently, he worked eight years on the Board of Pensions and Health Benefits as the Chairperson of Health Benefits. Bill currently serves as a clergy member on the Conference Council of Finance and Administration.
In addition to spending time with his family, Bill enjoys reading, writing, walking, and clay shooting. He writes a weekly blog entitled Treasure in Jars of Clay at billburch.net.
2799 Northside Dr NW
Atlanta, GA 30305
Phone: (404) 355-6475
Fax: (404) 355-6478
Sunday Worship Services
- 8:30 AM and 11:00 AM - Sanctuary
- 9:30-9:45 AM - Prayer Chapel
- 9:45 AM - Faith & Arts Center
If an emergency occurs after office hours, please call the main church office and listen for the prompts, or press “8″ to leave a message. The pastor on call will contact you.
Did you have trouble finding information you were looking for, or experience a problem on our website? Let us know!
Northside United Methodist Church is a Safe Sanctuary Church.