Current job openings at Northside can be found below. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter.
Job Title: Director
Supervisor: Executive Director
Work Hours: 30+
The Preschool Director is responsible for all aspects of establishing and operating The Northside Methodist Preschool (NMP) for children ages 18 months through 5 years old. This includes leadership of marketing and promotions, staff development and recruitment, enrollment, curriculum development, classroom management and budget management. The Director works to help prepare students for a lifelong journey to know Christ by creating a fun, Christ-centered environment where children learn to love one another as themselves and experience the joy of learning in a safe and caring environment.
- Knowledge of the United Methodist Church beliefs, doctrines, discipline, traditions, and social principles
- Knowledge of the culture and values of Northside Church, articulates and supports its mission and direction; and demonstrates through words and actions the love of God
- Expert knowledge of Biblical interpretation, child development (and faith development) and religious educational theory and practice
- Knowledge of the UMC’s Safe Sanctuary guidelines and policies
- Knowledge of relevant legal and governmental guidelines, regulations, laws and ethical issues
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate curriculum, interactions and environments
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, train and lead a team of teachers and other staff in the establishment and operation of a premier Christian preschool that ensures continuous learning and effective classroom management, including day-to-day operation and routine special events
- Regularly monitor staff performance and provide coaching or mentoring for performance improvement and development
- Provide day-to-day leadership and work with staff to ensure high performance and to promote a positive work environment
- Develop and implement a marketing/advertisement plan that creates interest in the preschool and fuels strong enrollment
- Establish enrollment processes that ensure children are enrolled efficiently, acclimated smoothly into their classroom, and monitored to ensure success
- Function as primary contact person for parents/guardians on enrollment, assimilation, progress, and all other matters pertaining to the preschool
- Select and/or develop curriculum for a preschool children’s education program that is fun, educational, and appropriate for a Christian preschool environment
- Implement classroom management practices that ensure a safe, secure, and orderly preschool environment is maintained at all times
- Develop and manage operating and capital budgets to ensure the most effective use of financial resources to maintain daily operations of the Preschool and support the implementation of identified projects and initiatives
- Maintain cooperative and proactive relationship with the preschool board with long term goals for the preschool’s growth and improvement
- Lead parents through the independent school application process
- Effectively communicate with children, volunteers, parents, and the church via written, spoken and graphic forms (i.e. website, social media, and print materials)
- Manage the Cognia accreditation process
- Adhere to state and local licensing requirements ensuring that all licenses and permits are current
- Adhere to all By-Laws as established by the NMP Board of Directors and to policies and procedures as set forth in the Northside Church Lay Staff Handbook, Preschool Staff Handbook and Family Handbook, as well as the philosophy and program goals stated therein.
- Supervise staff in documentation of all accidents, notify families and any other necessary parties (Clergy, Executive Director, etc.), follow state regulations pertaining to incidents of abuse and neglect
- Perform other related tasks as requested by the Executive Director or Senior Pastor
Skills and Qualifications
- Has a strong and growing faith in Jesus Christ, and a commitment to sharing their faith with others
- Ministry-minded with a commitment to the church and its growth
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate children, staff and volunteers
- Effective leader who is excellent at recruiting, organizing, and empowering staff and volunteers to make a positive impact in the lives of children
- Strong organizational, listening and coaching skills who can interface with children, parents, ministers, staff, volunteers, and lay leadership
- Passion for teaching children and leading a Christ-centered Preschool
- Familiarity with the SACS/CASI Cognia accreditation process
- Proficient usage of Microsoft Office products
- Current First Aid, CPR, and AED training
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Education or comparable with administration and teaching experience.
- 8-10 years of experience in education
- Or combination of education and experience commensurate with the minimum requirements of this position
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel; expected to possess hand-eye coordination and arm/hand/finger dexterity. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, the telephone and other office and/or clerical equipment. Requires normal range of hearing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and that, if requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly in a typical office environment with adequate light and moderate noise levels. No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions. Airconditioned buildings; tile, concrete and carpeted floors; adjustable workstation with ergonomic keyboard is provided.
The office environment is fast-paced and may be considered stressful, due to seemingly regular interruptions because of numerous urgent and unexpected requests that requires multi-tasking. This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are 8am-2:30pm, Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Northside Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, or any other class or status protected by law.
The above statements and job description are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed within this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and tasks. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. Northside Church maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees may be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.