Student Ministry Program Overview
Sunday Mornings | 9:45-10:45AM
Sunday Night Methodist Youth Fellowship
Wednesday Night Activities
Trips & Retreats
- High School Retreat | Fall
If you are a rising 9th-12th grader, then you are invited to spend the weekend with us in the Tennessee mountains for a fun weekend of worship, whitewater rafting, paintball, disc golf and fellowship!
- Ski Retreat | Winter (MLK Weekend)
All Students are welcome on our three day weekend skiing. Every year we take students to enjoy a winter adventure, worship and fellowship.
- Confirmation Retreat | Palm Sunday Weekend
7th Grade Confirmands are encouraged to attend our trip to Covecrest Camp as part of the Confirmation process. This incredibly meaningful trip is loved by generations of Northside students.
- Splash Bash | August
This late summer weekend program is designed to welcome rising 6th grade students into our ministry. It includes anight of games, a parent meeting, and a trip to Six Flags Whitewater.
We offer imaginative and inspiring Sunday morning Bible studies for student in grades 6th-12th. Each grade is discipled by devoted staff and volunteer teachers who are dedicated to the spiritual development of each student. Sunday morning meetings run 9:45-10:45 am and typically include fun activities, engaging lessons, and a delicious doughnut breakfast.
- 6th Grade // Room 365 // Charlie Fiveash Get started in Student Ministries with this engaging, high energy program which follows the life, ministry and prophesy related to Jesus Christ. Students will also be invited to lean about Jesus’s teaches and well as discuss what makes our faith different from other world religions.
- 7th Grade // Room 362 // Herbert Short, Todd McGarrity, Robbie Jackson, Dee Hover, & Eric Curnow
Confirmation is a yearlong commitment including a spring retreat for students seeking to confirm their baptism and join the United Methodist Church. In this class, students learn the traditions and heritage of the church found in the Apostle’s Creed, giving our class the theme IBAC or “I believe in the Apostle’s Creed.” Please see News and Events Page for more information and to register.
- 8th Grade // Room 300 // Caroline Smith, Bailey Quintrell, and Mary Ann Quintrell Dig deep into the faith with this class that focusing on the themes of Christian belief including salvation, grace, and discipleship. This class will help students continue the journey of towards spiritual maturity and real, loving community.
- 9th -12th Grade // Room 308 // Brighton Coleman, Philip Coleman, Rosie Kelly, David Smith, & Chloe Kelly Plug into a welcoming and faith-forming community with our high school discipleship community. All students meet to hangout, play pool, and eat doughnuts before one of our thoughtful teachers shares a talk with the whole group. Then students break into small groups along the student ministry hallways with one of our young adults in order to build relationships in a more intimate setting. This program is an amazing way for your student to really feel valued as a member of Christ’s church.