Small Group Program Launching Fall 2019
Table is a small groups program based on John Wesley’s ‘class meeting’ model. It’s purpose and design is to grow folks as disciples of Jesus Christ through fellowship and relationship, care and concern, prayer and sacrament.
Table isn’t dinner groups or Bible studies; it’s not curriculum-driven or activity-focused. Table is built on the foundation of Jesus Christ and his model for building the Church, with the conviction that nothing is more essential to our faith than our relationship with Christ, and that that relationship is felt most clearly in relationship with others. We grow as disciples as we are bound together in the unity of relationship. As Paul says in Ephesians 4:5: ‘There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.’
Table Small groups are made up of 10-15 folks, cutting across age and life stage, who are looking to further their walk as a disciple of Jesus Christ. Each group will be led by two leaders (or sets of leaders in the case of couples) who will share the responsibilities of facilitating and hosting the group.
Table group meetings will consist of the members taking part in four elements:
- Fellowship: Sharing what God has done in their lives, as well as struggles in the faith.
- Scripture: A discussion of the scripture related to the quarter’s curriculum.
- Prayer: Praying for the concerns and needs of the members, as well as Northside.
- Sacrament: Joining together in coming to the Lord’s Table, i.e. communion.
Table will launch on Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 7:00PM in the Fellowship Hall with a ‘Big Table’ meeting at Northside, including fellowship, music, word, and sacrament. These Big Table meetings will happen each semester on September 8, 2019 and January 12, 2020.
Individual Table Groups will meet once a week at a time and place determined by the group leaders for an hour and a half. Ideally hosted in homes, space will also be provided at the church.
Table Groups will remain together for one year.
Volunteer to be a Table Host
We are currently compiling a list of Hosts and we need you! Table Hosts are regular, every day Christians who want to take their faith and relationship with God to the next level—as well as help their fellow disciples do the same. In partnership with their co-leader(s), they are responsible to host and facilitate the Table Group meetings on a weekly basis. Table Hosts:
- Will be provided training and resources for facilitating groups, as well as curriculum and guidance from James throughout the year
- Share prayer requests and concerns from the group with James or the pastoral staff at Northside, as well as setting aside personal time throughout the week to pray for the members of their group.
- Encourage the members of their Table Group to be active in the life and ministry of Northside.
Let us Know You Want to be in a Table Group
Interested in joining Table and finding your small group? Sign-up for your preferred group using the button above. We’re excited for you to join us!